Knowledge Base Overview
TABI provides a comprehensive knowledge base for use by stakeholders and other organizations that incorporate consideration of agro-biodiversity into their work. This knowledge base includes data collected, analyzed and summarized from baseline surveys and through the implementation of subprojects, as well as providing a number of tools for use by practitioners. These tools include the NTFP Mapper, Shifting Cultivation Mapper, and the Agri-Geo Network, as well as an agro-biodiversity database and a non-timber forest product wiki. Use the links below to access these resources and learn more about how to use them.
Attaining evidence is a focus in cases were adequate secondary data may not be available. Hard data/facts that are gathered in the field via baseline studies including:
- NTFPs, wood, aquatic and wildlife baselines (from 125 villages to date)
- household level income, livestock and land holding (46 villages to date)
- fisheries catch baselines
- mushrooms species and harvest baselines
- 'little chicken rice' baselines from 450 villages in Houaphan and Xieng Khouang Provinces.